Important notice regarding Oncologica Christmas/New Year operating/delivery hours
Fully Vaccinated UK Arrivals
Due to UK Government travel rules, all arrivals in the UK must take a Day 2 PCR test and self-isolate until receipt of negative test. In order to comply with these rules, Oncologica have suspended Lateral Flow Day 2 until further notice.
PRE TRAVEL FIT TO FLY
1 x HOME SAMPLE TEST KIT
- Self-test at home with secure photo upload of results
- Doctor-signed travel certificate emailed < 2 hrs of result verification
- Travel certificate accepted by major airlines
- 98.6% accuracy and CE0123
- Next working day UK delivery for orders before midday (GMT)
APPLY DISCOUNT CODE IN ORDER
1 x HOME SAMPLE TEST KIT
- Non/Partial Vaccinated return
- Self-test with secure photo upload of results
- Doctor-signed certificate accepted by all major airlines < 2 hrs of verified result
- 98.6% accuracy and CE0123
- Next working day UK delivery for orders before midday (GMT)
APPLY DISCOUNT CODE IN ORDER
USA Fit to Fly Notice
For fully vaccinated travellers visiting the USA, note that our LFT kits are not video witnessed. We offer Fit to Fly PCR testing for USA to be taken 3 days before your flight
Lateral Flow Rapid Antigen Test
Travel Certificate via result image upload
UK Outbound, Inbound and Arrivals COVID Testing with the Coronafocus COVID LFD Test Kits and image result verification app.
Simply order online and access the Coronafocus App to track kit dispatch, test result image verification and certification. Our support team can be contacted via phone, chat and email.
Our app will guide you through:
- Activate your Lateral Flow Test Kit. Log into an existing Coronafocus account or use the username and password sent via email confirmation when ordering the LFD kit. Once logged into the app you can view your test kit orders, assign them to a person and access the lateral flow test result image upload section.
- Ensure sufficient internet connection, battery life and a high-quality camera on your mobile device to effectively upload test results for verification.
- Place cassette in area indicated in kit instructions and take a photo with QR code, name of person tested and test booking reference clearly visible. The photo must be taken between 15-30 mins of the extracted swab buffer drops placement on the LFT test cassette. CORRECT/INCORRECT EXAMPLE HERE
- Upload the photo of completed test result, ensuring the photo is in focus, of sufficient quality and contains the information request in the test kit instructions. Images not meeting requirements may be rejected. This cassette result can only be submitted ONCE.
- Confirm and submit the result photo to receive confirmation that result verification is in progress
- Set swab date and time taken
- The test result will be verified. A doctor-signed certificate will be available in the Coronafocus dashboard/app < 2 hrs of image upload. The certificate can be downloaded or sent via email.
Order kits or track progress via our Coronafocus App
Scan the QR codes below to access our Coronafocus App on Apple or Android devices.
Frequently Asked Questions
Christmas Operating Hours and Delivery
For all the information regarding our Christmas Operating Hours and Courier Deliveries, please click here
Travel planning with Coronofocus Covid test kits
What is a Lateral Flow Device (LFD) COVID antigen test?
Lateral Flow Device (LFD) antigen tests, commonly known as Lateral Flow Test (LFT), look for proteins produced by the COVID virus called antigens. As providers of lateral flow tests, we meet the gov.uk published standards. There is no UKAS accreditation of lateral flow test providers who supply kits for self-swab and self-test. UKAS is not conducting assessment of this activity.
What does the Coronofocus COVID Lateral Flow Antigen Test Package include?
- Packaged self-sample swab
- Packaged SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Test Cassette
- Extraction liquid buffer tube and dropper tip
- Waste bag
- Kit box which includes a pop out section which converts into a tube holder
- How to complete the self-swab test correctly instructions
- How to upload result photo, for verification and certification instructions
- A simple, easy to use Coronafocus web app (and mobile app coming shortly) to submit results, securely and stress free.
- Clinical team verification and medical signed certificates within 2 hours
- Government accredited testing provider
- CE marked rapid antigen (lateral flow kits) approved by the UK MHRA, DHSC
How does the Lateral Flow Device (LFD) Antigen test work?
The Flowflex SARS-CoV-2 Lateral Flow Device (LFD) Antigen Test manufactured by ACON uses a gentle nasal swab to take a sample from both nostrils. The swab is inserted into the extraction tube with the extraction fluid and then rotated and pressed to make sure that the sample from the swab is released into the extraction fluid (the swab is then discarded). You take the extraction tube with the nozzle cap and place 4 drops of extraction fluid into the sample well of the LFD testing cassette and check your results after 15 mins and before 30 minutes have passed on the test cassette. Do not read after 30 minutes. Two lines appearing on the cassette indicate a positive test result. One line on the cassette indicates negative or invalid tests (see instructions in kits for more details).
When should I order my Fit to Fly Lateral Flow Device (LFD) Antigen Test Service?
If your destination country rules ask for a Pre-departure LFD test to be done 72 hours in advance of cross border travel, ensure you allow time for your LFD test to be delivered. Do NOT take your LFD test outside of your pre-flight test window specified by your destination country.
Example: if flying on a Saturday, then we recommend ordering your test on our website latest on the Thursday prior to date of travel. The kit will be delivered the next day for all Monday-Friday orders received before midday GMT and for all orders before 11:30am on Saturday and Sunday for you to take the self-sample swab for testing on the Friday prior to flying, this allows time to upload your result and receive verification from our Healthcare team. Verification of your result will then be confirmed within 2 hours of upload, with your travel certificate emailed on the Friday before flight. We cannot guarantee the Royal Mail delivery service which can sometimes take longer than 24 hours. Hence, we recommend travellers purchase test kits well in advance of travel. If you have not received your Lateral Flow Device LFD antigen test certificate after 2 hours of result upload, please check your spam/junk folders. For all Lateral Flow tests, please direct enquiries to coronafocus.formstack.com/forms/b2csupport.
Next steps of the Lateral Flow Device (LFD) Service after receiving the test kit?
- Follow the link https://coronafocus.app/login to log into an existing Coronafocus account or use the username and password sent via email when ordering the LFD kit. Once logged into the app you will be able to view your test kit orders, assign them to a person and then access the lateral flow test result image upload section.
- Watch the instructional video and read and follow the Flowflex instructions for swabbing and processing results in your kit very carefully as if not done correctly, your result may be invalid.
- Take your LFD test within the timeframe specified by your destination country (within 3 days if Non/Partially Vaccinated entering the UK or between Day 0 and Day 2 for Fully vaccinated UK Arrivals).
- Follow the test result image upload and verification instructions in your kit to take a photo of your test results at the correct time. Your test must be completed and submitted within 30 minutes, or the result will become invalid.
- Place your completed test cassette on the instruction leaflet area marked to frame images for taking the upload picture.
- Ensure prior to uploading and submitting the Lateral Flow Device (LFD) Antigen test result image for verification, that you have sufficient charge, a stable internet connection and a high-quality camera.
- To perform the test verification, we require you to upload a photo of completed test and may also request proof of identification documentation. You are responsible to ensure that the submitted photo is in focus and of sufficient quality, contains the information required and are delivered in the time frame specified in our instructions and the timeframe stipulated by your destination travel rules. We reserve the right to reject any images not meeting the above requirements and we take no responsibility for failure to complete the image verification and produce results certification due to these factors.
- You will receive a doctor-signed certificate within 2 hours of successful upload of a photo of your test result.
What is the shelf-life of the Lateral Flow Device (LFD) Antigen test?
The shelf life of extraction solution is 2 years from manufacture – check box.
Which test kit do I need?
If you are leaving the UK, then depending on the destination country entry rules you will need a Pre-Travel Fit to Fly PCR or Lateral Flow Device (LFD) Antigen test with a certificate of negative test result. If you are coming into the UK and are Non/Partially Vaccinated, we offer a Pre-Departure Lateral Flow Device (LFD) Antigen test. We also offer a Day 2 Fully Vaccinated Lateral Flow Test.
Due to UK Government travel rules, all arrivals in the UK from 4am Tuesday 30th November 2021 must take a Day 2 PCR test and self-isolate until receipt of negative test. In order to comply with these rules, Oncologica have suspended Lateral Flow Day 2 until further notice.
Children aged 17 and under do not have to quarantine on arrival in the UK. This applies whether they are vaccinated or not.
Children aged 4 and under do not have to take any COVID-19 travel tests.
5 to 17 year olds:
- do not have to take a COVID-19 test before travel to the UK
- must take a test on arrival in the UK – before the end of day 2 at the latest (arrival day is day 0)
Until 4am 30 November, 5 to 17 year olds can choose a lateral flow test or a PCR test.
From 4am 30 November, 5 to 17 year olds must take a PCR test.
Which test kit do I need for US travel?
The US has opened up travel to foreign citizens from the 8th November.
Coronafocus self-swab PCR Tests for travel (listed provider on gov.uk) are acceptable for negative test proof before boarding flights to the US from the UK.
Fit to Fly and Day 2 tests
- UKAS accredited PCR Test Kit
- Result Certificate within 24 hrs of test receipt at lab
- Customer service team trained for Covid testing
- Free delivery to UK addresses
For fully vaccinated travellers a negative COVID test result certificate is required with tests requiring to be taken within 3 days of boarding the flight to the US.
A Covid negative test is required for all children from 2 years old boarding a flight from a foreign country to the US.
Please not, we do not offer a Lateral Flow solution for US travel, as we are unable to offer a real-time supervised video call service to observe you taking your test.
Travel planning with Coronofocus Covid test kits.
All Non/Partial vaccinated travellers entering the UK must have proof of a negative PCR or Lateral Flow Device (LFD) Antigen test prior to travelling to the UK – including UK citizens. The test must be taken in the 3 days prior to departure to the UK. In addition, everyone permitted to enter the UK must take at least a Day 2 PCR. Non/Partial travellers are also required to take a Day 8 PCR test on arrival in the UK.
Government rules require completion of a Passenger Locator Form detailing where you will quarantine (if applicable) on arrival into the UK and the booking reference number of the travel test you have taken. This is made easy when buying a Coronafocus test for submission of testing proof to the airline, ferry, or train operator you travel with.
International travel testing from Tuesday 4am 30th November 2021
Check entry restrictions before you leave the UK as to whether a negative Pre-Travel Fit to Fly COVID-19 PCR or Lateral Flow Device (LFD) Antigen test is required to enter a country.
For arrivals from Safe List Rest of the World countries, fully vaccinated UK residents and travellers from countries with approved COVID-19 vaccinations are exempt from pre-departure inbound to UK testing. All travellers must purchase prior to arrival on Day 0 (the day of arrival into the UK) an arrival PCR test for day 2.
Non/partial vaccinated need to take a pre-departure inbound to UK test and must purchase prior to travel an arrival PCR test for day 2 and day 8. You have the option of taking a Test to Release PCR test on day 5 or later to end self-isolation early.
For Red country arrivals into the UK, a 10-day isolation in a quarantine hotel is mandatory, pre-departure testing and booking PCR testing must be done via the Government NHS provider. There is no Test to Release option.
PCR test results testing as positive are provided to NHS Track and Trace for variant surveillance and 10 days quarantine is required.
What happens if I don’t take a Pre-Departure test?
If you are not fully vaccinated and you fail to show evidence of a negative Covid-19 test result, you may not be able to travel to the UK. If you arrive in the UK without proof of a negative test result, you may be fined. Please see the government website for more information.
Lateral Flow Cassette Results
A: Negative lateral flow test result
Your coronavirus (COVID-19) test result is negative. You did not have the virus when the test was done.
You are not required to self-isolate.
You should self-isolate again if you get symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) – get an NHS coronavirus (COVID-19) test from www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test and self-isolate until you get the results.
For advice on when you might need to self-isolate and what to do, go to www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19 and read ‘Self-isolation and treating symptoms’.
B: Positive lateral flow test result
Your coronavirus test result is positive. This means that you probably have the virus.
Even if you have not had symptoms of coronavirus you must now self-isolate for 10 days from the day after your test date.
You must obtain, take and return a free follow up polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test from NHS Test and Trace to confirm this. You can obtain your confirmatory PCR test by visiting gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test or by calling 119.
This test will be free of charge and will be sent to you as a home test kit.
You must take this test in accordance with this notice. If this confirmatory test is negative, you no longer need to self-isolate. You may be contacted for contact tracing and to check that you, and those who you live or are travelling with, are self-isolating.
You must not travel, including to leave the UK, during self-isolation.
Contact 111 if you need medical help. In an emergency dial 999.
C: Unclear lateral flow test result
Your coronavirus test result is unclear. It is not possible to say if you had the virus when the test was done.
You must self-isolate for 10 days from the day after your test date.
You may choose to take another test, and if it comes back with a negative result, you no longer need to self-isolate. You may be contacted to check that you are self-isolating.
When is NHS Test and Trace informed of the result?
At the point a confirmatory PCR test result is known, and this is a positive result. Test results will as normal be referred to Test and Trace.
What's included on my Lateral Flow Device (LFD) Antigen test result certificate?
We include your swab test date and certification verification result date on our doctor signed result certificate, along with key personal information including your passport number. The swab date is the date that your sample was taken. This is the date that must be within the testing window required by your destination country. The result date is the date that your result was verified by Oncologica, which is within 2 hours of you submitting your photo of the test result to us. Both sample time and result time are recorded in UK time. Although our certificates provide the key details required for travel, we cannot be held responsible if a destination country chooses not to accept it as proof of testing.
Coronafocus lateral Flow kit dispatch, return and test lab opening times?
Orders are dispatched in line with due dates under government rules, with next day delivery via DPD or you can arrange hand pick up which is open 24 hours 7 days a week. Please note, government rules mean that irrespective of when you ordered your test kit, you will receive day 2 kits between day 0 and day. To avoid dispatch delays outside of our control please order at least 3 working days prior to required.
What if I purchased testing through a Third Party?
For queries relating to kit supply, delivery tracking, activation and results reporting for tests purchased through a third party, please contact the company from whom you purchased your service for support. We do not receive personal details for kits and testing services purchased through third parties. Oncologica only supply testing services to third party companies accredited by UKAS and the DHSC. Third party service quality is monitored by UKAS and the DHSC to ensure it is in accordance with accreditation.
Can I return or cancel the Coronafocus test?
We do not accept cancelled tests. Booking a correct test can be done at https://covid19.oncologica.com/ A Coronafocus Test Kit is a product supplied by a health care professional and all orders are final when booked online. You have no statutory right to cancel your order or return your Coronafocus Test Kit. We reserve the right to cancel Coronafocus Test Kit orders and refund you the fee paid, should we have insufficient stock or be unable to deliver to the postal address provided in the online booking.