Rapid COVID-19 Self-Sample PCR Tests
LATERAL FLOW PRE-DEPARTURE AND FIT TO FLY KITS FOR UK ENTRY AND DEPARTURE.
FAST RESULT CERTIFICATES FROM SELF-TEST LATERAL FLOW RESULT UPLOAD OR PCR SAMPLE RECEIPT TO OUR LAB.
Order kits and track progress via our App
Gold standard COVID PCR testing and
sequencing performed at our Cambridge laboratories.
Capacity for 40,000 Antigen and PCR travel tests daily.
Important notice regarding Oncologica Christmas/New Year operating/delivery hours
Coronafocus Tests for Travel
Fully Vaccinated UK Arrivals
Due to UK Government travel rules, all arrivals in the UK must take a Day 2 PCR test and self-isolate until receipt of negative test. In order to comply with these rules, Oncologica have suspended Lateral Flow Day 2 until further notice.
DAY 2 PCR
1 x HOME SAMPLE TEST KIT
Non/Partial Vaccinated UK Arrivals
DAY 2 AND DAY 8 PCR
2 x HOME SAMPLE TEST KITS
DAY 5 PCR
TEST TO RELEASE
NON AND PARTIAL VACCINATED
1 x HOME SAMPLE TEST KIT
DAY 2 DAY 8 PCR
+ TEST TO RELEASE PCR
NON AND PARTIAL VACCINATED
3 x HOME SAMPLE TEST KITS
FIT TO FLY PCR
1 x HOME SAMPLE TEST KIT
- We aim to provide results in < 24 hours from booking sample into lab
- Rapid result and certificate download from online dashboard
- Fit to fly certificate accepted by major airlines
- Optional swab drop-in to lab
- Free pre-paid return labels
PRE TRAVEL FIT TO FLY
1 x HOME SAMPLE TEST KIT
- Self-test at home with secure photo upload of results
- Doctor-signed travel certificate emailed < 2 hrs of result verification
- Travel certificate accepted by major airlines
- 98.6% accuracy and CE0123
- More information on Lateral Flow Test
Non/Partial Vaccinated Pre-Departure Inbound Travel to UK
1 x HOME SAMPLE TEST KIT
- Self-test on your travels for UK entry test
- Secure photo upload of result and travel certificate emailed < 2 hrs
- Order online and take with you when leaving UK
- 98.6% accuracy and CE0123
- More information on Lateral Flow Test
Which test should I take?
We recommend you swab at the start of your pre-travel test window (not before!) to allow enough time for your result to be available.
For PCR testing, place in Royal Mail priority box before 4pm GMT on the day you swab to enable next day delivery to lab.
For Lateral Flow, complete your swab and upload at least 4 hours before cross-border travel to enable verification and certificate delivery.
General Testing (Non-Travel)
STANDARD COVID PCR
1 x HOME SAMPLE TEST KIT
1 x HOME SAMPLE TEST KIT
The Covid-19 PCR Test journey through
our genomic testing laboratory.
A PROVEN TRACK RECORD IN ACCURATE TESTING
Leaders in accurate Covid-19 PCR testing and sequencing with capacity for 40,000 PCR
lab tests daily
How to take a
self-swab for PCR
Each certificates is signed by a registered clinical scientist in accordance with the regulatory authorities.
The certificate includes personal information, test results, date of sample receipt at the laboratory, the date the swab was taken.
Helpline and phone validation
There is a dedicated number for confirming the validity of the certificate by airport authorities.
Frequently Asked Questions to aid your travel testing journey
Christmas Operating Hours and Delivery
For all the information regarding our Christmas Operating Hours and Courier Deliveries, please click here
Travel planning with Coronofocus Covid test kits
What does the Coronofocus Covid-19 PCR Travel Test Package include?
- The kits include packaged self-sample swabs, liquid tubes with unique barcodes, sealable bags and a set of instructions of how to complete the self-swab test correctly and prepaid envelope labels.
- Day 2 Day 8 Coronafocus PCR tests are sent together to arrive between day 0 and day 2 of arrival to the UK, as per government rules for self-sampling on or before day 2 and day 8 of quarantine.
- Your PCR positive/negative results are published within 24 hours of us booking your sample into the lab and are viewable in the online customer dashboard.
- Genomic sequencing of results tested as positive on day 2 of quarantine are provided to NHS track and Trace for variant surveillance.
- If a positive result is received from the day 2 test, individuals will not be required to take a further test but will need to isolate for 10 days from the day of positive result notification.
- UK residents and travellers from countries with eligible vaccinations arriving into the UK that are under 18 years old or fully vaccinated do not need to quarantine, but do need to take a Day 2 PCR. Check with your travel operators for exemptions.
- The Coronafocus Day 2 PCR test is sent to arrive between day 0 and day 2 of arrival to the UK, as per government rules for self-sampling on or before day 2. Gov.uk recommend registering with the NHS app for your COVID Pass before booking international travel or access the NHS COVID Pass via the NHS website to view, download or print.
How soon can I buy a Coronafocus PCR test before travelling?
You can buy your Coronafocus PCR tests here up to 6 months before travelling. You will receive the test kit for day 2 between day 0 and day 2, the test kit for day 5 Test to Release (TTR) on day 5 and test kits for day 8 on day 8. Once a self-sampling Coronafocus swab has been taken, it must be returned by Royal Mail 24 using the prepaid envelope in any Royal Mail priority post box located in every town or hand delivered to our Lab 24/7.
When should I order my Fit to Fly PCR?
If your flight asks for a test to be done 72 hours in advance, ensure you allow time for your test to be delivered. Please note that delivery to Northern Ireland and the Scottish Highlands/Islands may take 2-4 days.
Example: if flying on a Saturday, then we recommend ordering your test on our website latest on the Tuesday before noon GMT prior to date of travel. So in order to receive and take the self-sample swab for testing on the Wednesday prior to flying, this requires return dispatch to our lab using the prepaid envelope, so that our lab receives it on the Thursday prior to flight. Results would then be available for viewing on the online dashboard, details in confirmation email on the Friday before flight. We cannot guarantee that the swab will arrive the day after postage, as this depends on the Royal Mail service which can sometimes take longer than 24 hours. This is why we recommend travellers endeavour to purchase well in advance of travel.
What is a Lateral Flow Device (LFD) COVID Antigen test?
Lateral Flow Device (LFD) antigen tests, commonly known as Lateral Flow Test (LFT), look for proteins produced by the COVID virus called antigens. As providers of lateral flow tests, we meet the gov.uk published standards. There is no UKAS accreditation of lateral flow test providers who supply kits for self-swab and self-test. UKAS is not conducting assessment of this activity.
What does the Coronofocus COVID Lateral Flow Antigen Test Package include?
- Packaged self-sample swab
- Packaged SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Test Cassette
- Extraction liquid buffer tube and dropper tip
- Waste bag
- Kit box which includes a pop out section which converts into a tube holder
- How to complete the self-swab test correctly instructions
- How to upload result photo, for verification and certification instructions
- A simple, easy to use Coronafocus web app (and mobile app coming shortly) to submit results, securely and stress free.
- Clinical team verification and medical signed certificates within 2 hours
- Government accredited testing provider
- CE marked rapid antigen (lateral flow kits) approved by the UK MHRA, DHSC
How does the Lateral Flow Device (LFD) Antigen test work?
The Flowflex SARS-CoV-2 Lateral Flow Device (LFD) Antigen Test manufactured by ACON uses a gentle nasal swab to take a sample from both nostrils. The swab is inserted into the extraction tube with the extraction fluid and then rotated and pressed to make sure that the sample from the swab is released into the extraction fluid (the swab is then discarded). You take the extraction tube with the nozzle cap and place 4 drops of extraction fluid into the sample well of the LFD testing cassette and check your results after 15 mins and before 30 minutes have passed on the test cassette. Do not read after 30 minutes. Two lines appearing on the cassette indicate a positive test result. One line on the cassette indicates negative or invalid tests (see instructions in kits for more details).
When should I order my Fit to Fly Lateral Flow Device (LFD) Antigen Test Service?
If your destination country rules ask for a Pre-departure LFD test to be done 72 hours in advance of cross border travel, ensure you allow time for your LFD test to be delivered. Do NOT take your LFD test outside of your pre-flight test window specified by your destination country. Please note that delivery to Northern Ireland and the Scottish Highlands/Islands may take 2-4 days.
Example: if flying on a Saturday, then we recommend ordering your test on our website latest on the Thursday prior to date of travel. The kit will be delivered the next day for all Monday-Friday orders received before midday GMT and for all orders before 11:30am on Saturday and Sunday for you to take the self-sample swab for testing on the Friday prior to flying, this allows time to upload your result and receive verification from our Healthcare team. Verification of your result will then be confirmed within 2 hours of upload, with your travel certificate emailed on the Friday before flight. We cannot guarantee the Royal Mail delivery service which can sometimes take longer than 24 hours. Hence, we recommend travellers purchase test kits well in advance of travel. If you have not received your Lateral Flow Device (LFD) antigen test certificate after 2 hours of result upload, please check your spam/junk folders. For all Lateral Flow tests, please direct enquiries to coronafocus.formstack.com/forms/b2csupport.
Next steps of the Lateral Flow Device (LFD) Service after receiving the test kit?
- Follow the link https://coronafocus.app/login to log into an existing Coronafocus account or use the username and password sent via email when ordering the LFD kit. Once logged into the app you will be able to view your test kit orders, assign them to a person and then access the lateral flow test result image upload section.
- Watch the instructional video and read and follow the Flowflex instructions for swabbing and processing results in your kit very carefully as if not done correctly, your result may be invalid.
- Take your LFD test within the pre-flight timeframe specified by your destination country (note within 3 days if entering the UK).
- Follow the test result image upload and verification instructions in your kit to take a photo of your test results at the correct time. Your test must be completed and submitted within 30 minutes, or the result will become invalid.
- Place your completed test cassette on the instruction leaflet area marked to frame images for taking the upload picture.
- Ensure prior to uploading and submitting the Lateral Flow Device (LFD) Antigen test result image for verification, that you have sufficient charge, a stable internet connection and a high-quality camera.
- To perform the test verification, we require you to upload a photo of completed test and may also request proof of identification documentation. You are responsible to ensure that the submitted photo is in focus and of sufficient quality, contains the information required and are delivered in the time frame specified in our instructions and the timeframe stipulated by your destination travel rules. We reserve the right to reject any images not meeting the above requirements and we take no responsibility for failure to complete the image verification and produce results certification due to these factors.
- You will receive a doctor-signed certificate within 2 hours of successful upload of a photo of your test result.
What is the shelf-life of the Lateral Flow Device (LFD) Antigen test?
The shelf life of extraction solution is 2 years from manufacture - check box.
Which test kit do I need?
If you are leaving the UK, then depending on the destination country entry rules you will need a Pre-Travel Fit to Fly PCR or Lateral Flow Device (LFD) Antigen test with a certificate of negative test result. If you are coming into the UK and are Non/Partially Vaccinated, we offer a pre-departure Lateral Flow Device (LFD) Antigen test. We also offer a Day 2 Fully Vaccinated PCR, Day 2 and Day 8 Non/Partial Vaccinated PCR Testing Package that is a government requirement. We also offer a Day 5 Test to Release PCR kit that can release non or partially vaccinated from isolation early.
Due to UK Government travel rules, all arrivals in the UK from 4am Tuesday 30th November 2021 must take a Day 2 PCR test and self-isolate until receipt of negative test. In order to comply with these rules, Oncologica have suspended Lateral Flow Day 2 until further notice.
Which test kit do I need for US travel?
The US has opened up travel to foreign citizens from the 8th November.
Coronafocus self-swab PCR Tests for travel (listed provider on gov.uk) are acceptable for negative test proof before boarding flights to the US from the UK.
Fit to Fly and Day 2 tests
- UKAS accredited PCR Test Kit
- Result Certificate within 24 hrs of test receipt at lab
- Customer service team trained for Covid testing
- Free delivery to UK addresses
For fully vaccinated travellers a negative COVID test result certificate is required with tests requiring to be taken within 3 days of boarding the flight to the US.
A Covid negative test is required for all children from 2 years old boarding a flight from a foreign country to the US.
Please not, we do not offer a Lateral Flow solution for US travel, as we are unable to offer a real-time supervised video call service to observe you taking your test.
NHS COVID pass for Day 2 Fully vaccinated travellers
The NHS COVID Pass provides proof of a full course of vaccination for travelling abroad. On booking a Coronafocus PCR test you submit vaccination status details ie no vaccination, 1 dose of Moderna, AstraZeneca or Pfizer vaccine or fully vaccinated in the UK, with 2 doses of Moderna, AstraZeneca or the Pfizer vaccine, or 1 dose of Janssen single-dose. The NHS COVID Pass is available 2 weeks after full vaccination. Your NHS appointment card cannot be used for proof of vaccine status. You will need to be registered with a UK GP to access the NHS App as proof of COVID vaccination status.
Does my child need a test?
For children travelling abroad check entry requirements for your destination country. GOV.UK foreign travel advice.
Children aged 17 and under do not have to quarantine on arrival in the UK. This applies whether they are vaccinated or not.
Children aged 4 and under do not have to take any COVID-19 travel tests.
5 to 17 year olds:
- do not have to take a COVID-19 test before travel to the UK
- must take a test on arrival in the UK - before the end of day 2 at the latest (arrival day is day 0)
Until 4am 30 November, 5 to 17 year olds can choose a lateral flow test or a PCR test.
From 4am 30 November, 5 to 17 year olds must take a PCR test.
How does the Coronafocus self-sampling PCR test work?
Our Covid-19 PCR test looks for the presence of the virus currently in the body, it detects virus RNA in the Coronafocus self-swab sample. We extract the RNA genetic material and copy it into DNA. Now if the virus is there, it is in a DNA form. We put it into a PCR reaction (Polymerase Chain Reaction) that amplifies snippets of DNA and matches these to the viral DNA sequence. The Oncologica Covid-19 PCR test is very specific and accurate. If our test finds it, you can believe it.
What if I self-swab incorrectly or spill the solution?
Once the test has been purchased and dispatched to you, it is your responsibility to correctly handle the liquid tube avoiding spillage and undertake the self-swab correctly following the instructions provided. If in contact with an external surface, use ethanol-based decontamination and cleaning solutions. Do not use bleach or other disinfectants.
Are the swabs sterilised?
The swabs used in Coronafocus self-sample PCR kits are ETO sterilised (Ethylene Oxide).
What happens if I get a negative lateral flow test result?
Your coronavirus (COVID-19) test result is negative. You did not have the virus when the test was done.
You are not required to self-isolate.
You should self-isolate again if you get symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) – get an NHS coronavirus (COVID-19) test from www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test and self-isolate until you get the results.
For advice on when you might need to self-isolate and what to do, go to www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19 and read ‘Self-isolation and treating symptoms’.
What happens if I get a positive lateral flow test result?
Your coronavirus test result is positive. This means that you probably have the virus.
Even if you have not had symptoms of coronavirus you must now self-isolate for 10 days from the day after your test date.
You must obtain, take and return a free follow up polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test from NHS Test and Trace to confirm this. You can obtain your confirmatory PCR test by visiting gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test or by calling 119.
This test will be free of charge and will be sent to you as a home test kit.
You must take this test in accordance with this notice. If this confirmatory test is negative, you no longer need to self-isolate. You may be contacted for contact tracing and to check that you, and those who you live or are travelling with, are self-isolating.
You must not travel, including to leave the UK, during self-isolation.
Contact 111 if you need medical help. In an emergency dial 999.
What happens if I get an unclear lateral flow test result?
Your coronavirus test result is unclear. It is not possible to say if you had the virus when the test was done.
You must self-isolate for 10 days from the day after your test date.
You may choose to take another test, and if it comes back with a negative result, you no longer need to self-isolate. You may be contacted to check that you are self-isolating.
When is NHS Test and Trace informed of the result?
At the point the confirmatory PCR test result is known, and this is a positive result. Test results will as normal be referred to Test and Trace.
Results Account and Receiving Results
Activating PCR test kits bought on the Oncologica website.
Instructions sent on booking on the Oncologica website explain how to register and activate your PCR test kit in the online customer dashboard using the unique password sent to the booking contact and email address.
- The date and time the swab is taken must be entered in the online customer dashboard to enable lab processing.
- You can search for “User registration” or “Oncologica”, in your inbox or junk mail.
- Customers who have booked through a different provider will have been given a pin code by that provider, they should enter this to activate their kit.
- Activating your PCR test kit via mobile phone is not recommended, customers are advised to use google chrome on a laptop or desktop. The five boxes on the customer dashboard for activation should be filled with the date (day/month/year), and time (hour/minutes). This should be done in 24hr format.
How long does it take to get and access my results?
To access your results in our customer dashboard you must register and activate your test kit in the online customer dashboard. We will not process your returned self-swab test until this is done. You must then enter the date and time swab taken in the 5 boxes in the online customer dashboard otherwise your sample will be placed on hold. Results are published in the online customer dashboard within 24 hours of Oncologica’s receipt of activated date stamped self-sampled swab to our lab, for viewing or certificate download. If the test kit is sourced through a third party then login using the details provided by the company you booked through. Very infrequently, your swab result may be returned as inconclusive. This can be caused by poor sample taking technique. As a result, you may not have the time or means to purchase another kit before your flight.
Why can’t I find my Coronafocus PCR test result is the NHS App?
Oncologica report all Coronafocus test results to PHE and Track & Trace. Although we are a listed private provider on gov.uk, private provider international travel test results do not show in the NHS app. Only NHS PCR results show in the NHS app - no travel tests are shown on the NHS app profiles.
I cannot log onto the online customer dashboard.
Check you have put in all the correct details into the online Oncologica Customer Dashboard. This needs to be done on a computer and not via a tablet or mobile. If not booked with Oncologica, please refer to the Company you purchased from for login details.
PCR sample Rejected and Replacement:
PCR Test sample rejection may be due to a number of reasons, i.e. the sample provided was non-optimal to determine whether individuals are infected with the virus. This can be due to leakage or damage in transit providing insufficient sample volume for testing, labelling issues, stability time exceeded, expired tubes, or no sample received. Factors such as consuming foodstuff 30 minutes prior to performing the swab and using oral hygiene products are not recommended prior to swab. If notified that your Day 2 and Day 8 PCR Test sample was rejected, we ship a replacement kit and advise you to swab as soon as possible and return the sample.
PCR sample Inconclusive/Unclear
If a PCR test has returned a result that is Inconclusive/Unclear it is on the cusp of detectability. It is possible that you had the virus when the test was done, so you must take another test or self-isolate for 10 days from the day after your test date. You may be contacted to check that you are self-isolating. We ship a replacement kit for Unclear Day 2 and Day 8 tests and advise you to re-swab.
What's included on my Lateral Flow Device (LFD) Antigen test result certificate?
We include your swab test date and certification verification result date on our doctor signed result certificate, along with key personal information including your passport number. The swab date is the date that your sample was taken. This is the date that must be within the testing window required by your destination country. The result date is the date that your result was verified by Oncologica, which is within 2 hours of you submitting your photo of the test result to us.
Both sample time and result time are recorded in UK time.
Although our certificates provide the key details required for travel, we cannot be held responsible if a destination country chooses not to accept it as proof of testing.
Additional Helpful Information
Why chose the Coronofocus sequencing test?
Oncologica’s genomic sequencing lab can process 40, 000 tests per day. We have been at the forefront of genomic coronavirus lab testing during the pandemic and have undertaken thousands of daily Covid-19 PCR tests to help safeguard human health.
Why sequencing has been added for Covid-19 travel testing (variant surveillance)
Genomic Covid-19 sequencing has been added to the travel rules to identify and prevent super spreading of Coronavirus variants. If our Coronafocus genomic sequencing lab test highlights a variant of concern, then individuals will receive a call from NHS Track and Trace, and their contacts will be asked to be tested.
Coronofocus Genomic Sequencing
Our Coronafocus Covid PCR lab test identifies the presence of the virus from an individuals’ swab sample. Genomic sequencing by our lab after identification of a Covid-positive result, maps the entire virus genetic code and identifies the specific variant. Covid-19 testing and sequencing needs to be completed within 72 hours from self-sampling by individuals.
Coronafocus kit dispatch, return and test lab opening times?
Orders are dispatched in line with due dates under government rules, with next day delivery via DPD. Return the self-swabbed sample using the pre-paid Royal Mail 24-hour tracked envelope provided. Post the envelope in a Royal Mail priority post box located in every town. These are normal Royal mail postal boxes on the streets with a priority label on them https://www.royalmail.com/services-near-you#/ or on the Royal Mail app. Or you can hand deliver swab samples to Oncologica, Suite 2, The Newnham Building, Chesterford Research Park, Little Chesterford CB10 1XL to avoid postal delays. You can arrange your own private courier to deliver the swab directly to our lab which is open 24 hours 7 days a week.
All orders placed directly with Oncologica are dispatched the same day for next Working Day delivery AND in line with government rules relating to when kits can be supplied. Please note that delivery to Northern Ireland and the Scottish Highlands/Islands may take 2-4 days.
Please note, government rules mean that irrespective of when you ordered your test kit, you will receive day 2 between day 0 and day 2 and the Test kit for day 2 and day 8 between day 0 and day 2 with two separate tests with unique barcodes for each day. Test to Release is dispatched separately on day 4 for arrival on day 5 after you return to the UK. To avoid dispatch delays outside of our control please order at least 3 working days prior to required. Delays by Royal Mail return service are outside of our control. It is your responsibility to return the swab to us in sufficient time.
How do I order multiple PCR kits for my employees or group?
Multiple kit purchases for up to 10 people are available for booking’s on our website , apart from day 2 & day 8 travel packages, which need to be ordered separately for each individual traveller. For business or group requests greater than 10 people, please provide your contact details and send your requirements to [email protected].
What if I purchased lab testing through a Third Party?
For queries relating to kit supply, delivery tracking, activation and results reporting for PCR testing purchased through a third party, please contact the company from whom you purchased your service for support and FAQ advice. We do not receive personal details for kits and testing services purchased through third parties. Oncologica only supply lab testing services to third party companies who are listed as a private providers of COVID-19 testing on gov.uk
Can I return or cancel the Coronafocus test?
We do not accept cancelled tests. Booking a correct test can be done at covid19.oncologica.com/coronafocus-day2-day8/
A Coronafocus Test Kit is a product supplied by a health care professional and all orders are final when booked online. You have no statutory right to cancel your order or return your Coronafocus Test Kit. We reserve the right to cancel Coronafocus Test Kit orders and refund you the fee paid, should we have insufficient stock or be unable to deliver to the postal address provided in the online booking.
International travel testing from Tuesday 4am 30th November 2021
Check entry restrictions before you leave the UK as to whether a negative Pre-Travel Fit to Fly COVID-19 PCR or Lateral Flow Device (LFD) Antigen test is required to enter a country.
For arrivals from Safe List Rest of the World countries, fully vaccinated UK residents and travellers from countries with approved COVID-19 vaccinations are exempt from pre-departure inbound to UK testing. All travellers must purchase prior to arrival on Day 0 (the day of arrival into the UK) an arrival PCR test for day 2.
Non/partial vaccinated need to take a pre-departure inbound to UK test and must purchase prior to travel an arrival PCR test for day 2 and day 8. You have the option of taking a Test to Release PCR test on day 5 or later to end self-isolation early.
For Red country arrivals into the UK, a 10-day isolation in a quarantine hotel is mandatory, pre-departure testing and booking PCR testing must be done via the Government NHS provider. There is no Test to Release option.
PCR test results testing as positive are provided to NHS Track and Trace for variant surveillance and 10 days quarantine is required.
What is day 5 testing as part of Test to Release (TTR) for international arrivals?
- You must self-isolate on arrival in England as per Government guidelines for the full 10 days before you leave isolation.
- You can choose to take an additional Test to Release Covid-19 PCR test after 5 full days of self-isolation.
- Example: You leave a country on Monday morning and arrive in England on Monday afternoon. Tuesday will be your first full day of self-isolation. You can take a test no earlier than your 5th full day of self-isolation – Saturday. You must continue to self-isolate while you await your test results.
- If it is negative, you can end your quarantine.
- You will still be required to undertake the day 8 test even though not in quarantine.
- If testing is positive on day 5 or day 8, a further 10 day’s quarantine is required following the date of the positive Covid-19 PCR test.
- International travellers from red list' countries are unable to opt-in to Test to Release, if arriving within 10 days of visiting a red-list country.
Travel planning with Coronofocus Covid test kits.
All Non/Partial vaccinated travellers entering the UK must have proof of a negative PCR or Lateral Flow Device (LFD) Antigen test prior to travelling to the UK - including UK citizens. The test must be taken in the 3 days prior to departure to the UK. In addition, everyone permitted to enter the UK must take at least a Day 2 PCR. Non/Partial travellers are also required to take a Day 8 PCR test on arrival in the UK.
Government rules require completion of a Passenger Locator Form detailing where you will quarantine (if applicable) on arrival into the UK and the booking reference number of the travel test you have taken. This is made easy when buying a Coronafocus test for submission of testing proof to the airline, ferry, or train operator you travel with.
What happens if I don’t take a pre-departure test?
If you are not fully vaccinated and you fail to show evidence of a negative Covid-19 test result, you may not be able to travel to the UK. If you arrive in the UK without proof of a negative test result, you may be fined. Please see the government website for more information.
Can I use an NHS Covid-19 test to travel abroad?
NHS Covid-19 tests are currently not accepted for international travel.
Complete form, payment
and customer dashboard
Complete the order form, make payment online and receive customer dashboard registration login instructions electronically.
Receive the self-test kit
The self-test kit, including instructions on how to carry out the test arrives at the address provided. Activate the test in the customer dashboard with swab taken date.
Send the Package
Send the self-sampled kits to arrive within 48hrs of sample swabbing to the lab using the pre-paid envelope provided
You receive notification that results are available in the customer dashboard < 24h of receipt of activated date stamped swab kit at the lab
Genomic sequencing results that tested positive from swabs taken on day 2, will be provided to NHS track and Trace for variant surveillance.
Platform for businesses
Manage your workplace Covid-19 tests from our online dashboard
Oncologica provide [email protected] Covid-19PCR test kits to control the spread of Coronavirus variants in offices, factories, shops, schools, universities , aviation, rail, and bus transport.
Employee/Customer tests management
You can easily import and manage the assignments and testing data of your employees and customers.
Reports and certificates download
Access, print reports and flight certificates unique per passenger directly from your PC or smartphone
Business & Industries
Offices, factories, media industry, oil and gas industry, mining.
Care homes, GP surgeries,dental practices.
Transport & Logistics
Aviation, shipping, rail travel.
Schools, universities, technical colleges.
Oncologica®, the world-leading cancer medicine and Covid-19 genomic sequencing laboratory is based in Chesterford Research Park, Cambridge, UK.
Oncologica established in 2014, provides personalized precision medicine testing and oncology genetic diagnostics to aid cancer patient therapy.
Using specific molecular targets and complex molecular platforms, the company is US CLIA certified and UK government approved to undertake Oncofocus® molecular testing of specific tumour gene mutations.
We utilise these platforms to perform high throughput genomic Covid-19 testing. Our laboratory services are key to alerting health professionals and protecting communities from variants travelling around the world.